Unable to set orientation

Hello, first time here, sorry for knowing very little.

I am using Imaginary Teleprompter IT which I like a lot, but does not let me to easily manage files.

So I’m trying QPrompt QP which has various interesting additions, but, I cannot find a section that IT calls: “In-frame prompter” where I set Vertical Flip (mirror plus 180 rotation) to adapt it to my linux tablet in portrait position.

Also I do not understand why QP orients the script at 90 degrees with respect to the UI.

So it seems I am missing something basic here.

But it seems the IT and QP are part of the same family so you may be able to show me the best thing to do.

Many thanks for the attention

Hello @Francus,

Imaginary Teleprompter and QPrompt are indeed part of the same family, QPrompt was built from scratch to overcome a series of limitations inherent to Imaginary Teleprompter’s design that prevent fixing a bug and adding various other features that kept being requested; some of which have been added to QPrompt by now. I decided to use distinct branding, despite the overlap, because each app addresses a slightly different set of needs.

Regarding your question, QPrompt has two ways in which you can vertically mirror the prompter. The equivalent to doing so with the “In-frame Prompter” is to go to “Orientation” and check “Vertical Mirror”. This will flip the prompter vertically, by rotating on the X-axis, with achieves the same as rotating 180 degrees on the Y-axis and applying a horizontal mirror.

There is no exact equivalent to the “External Prompter” in QPrompt. The external prompter from Imaginary allows using the main window to edit while you prompt. QPrompt simply duplicates the contents from the main window onto a separate window, preventing the aforementioned bug. You can still edit while you prompt by double clicking on the editor where you wish to make changes. Configure prompter duplicates by going to “Screens” and pressing on the display you wish to duplicate to.

If you wish to apply a mirror to the entire UI, the best way to achieve this is to configure display mirroring at the operating system level. Windows, macOS, Haiku, and Linux each has different ways of achieving this.

With regards to the 90 degree rotations, those are there to provide the ability to use the prompter in landscape while a screen is set to portrait mode and vice versa. The feature is more useful in certain brands of Android phones, which limit a user’s ability to manually set the screen’s orientation. I leave the feature enabled all versions because it could be useful for users who don’t know how to configure their displays at the operating system level.

Last but not least. Sorry I took so long to reply, I’ve been busy. I’m happy to see you’re running QPrompt on a Linux Tablet. A lot of work was put into making sure that it runs well on mobile Linux interfaces.

Many thanks for your reply and many thanks for your hard work.